Monday, November 28, 2011

Don't forget the exterior at Christmas time

Last year, I came dangerously close to turning into the Griswolds!  I decided to purchase 21 net lights to add to the shrubs outside my home.  That is a lot of lights.


It was beautiful and my neighbors' children loved it.  I did almost the same look for this year, but I didn't put out all of the net lights this year.

For the past 10 years, I think I have been using the same two porch size Christmas trees at my front door.  I would have a wreath in the middle and some years, garland.  This was my front porch at the house I lived in from April 2000 to July 2005.



For 2011, I decided to change things up.  I purchased a set of three whimsical trees from Sam's Club for the front porch and I also changed the wreath on the front porch.  I found the wreaths at Target.  I purchased three and joined them together with zip ties.  The Christmas boxes came from Gordman's. 


With a little bit of money and imagination, you can add Christmas sparkle to your front door and/or porch!

No comments:

Post a Comment