Monday, December 12, 2011

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark!

Happy Holidays to everyone!  I've been a little behind on my postings.  Hopefully I can squeeze in a few between now and year end.

I saw this quote on Twitter from House Beautiful:

"Darker colors are always sexy. They warm things up and make everyone look better."

On Saturday, my nephew and I went on the Christmas tour of homes in Little Rock.  Every year during the Christmas season, five to six homeowners will open their homes for toursSince I am a house voyeur, this is right up my alley!  All of the homes on the tour had dark colors in the main living areas and in some of the master bedrooms.  The dark colors definitely made the rooms more dramatic.  Unfortunately, I have no photos to post.  You will have to trust me when I tell you the homes were fabulous!

BTW, Chris Olsen has his first book out--"Chris H. Olsen's Five Seasons".  I went to his launch party December 9th.  Beautiful photography of Chris' home.  Chris offers great decorating ideas for the home and garden.  For those of you who don't know who Chris Olsen is...  Chris is a landscape architect, interior designer, business owner, TV host, and all around nice guy.  I have known Chris for about 10 years now.  I saw Chris this Saturday and told him that I loved his book but there is no way I can make the beautiful craft projects featured in his book.  Chris' response to me, "If I can do it you can do it!"  You can find his book at http://www.leisurearts.com or check out your local Barnes & Noble.

No comments:

Post a Comment