Monday, December 9, 2013

Beautiful Christmas Trees--Just Not at My House!

Just because I didn't put up my Christmas tree this year doesn't mean I don't enjoy looking at other beautiful trees.  I was in Dallas December 2-3, 2013 and I stayed overnight at the Fairmont Hotel in the heart of downtown Dallas.  The Fairmont doesn't have any of the business traveler free amenities (complimentary breakfast, free WiFi, free USA Today), but the hotel offers killer views of the Dallas skyline at night.

I was fortunate to be in Dallas during the Christmas season.  Dallas is a city that is known for extravagant Christmas displays.  The hotel was fully dressed out in  Christmas decorations.  There were numerous trees displayed throughout the lobby and beyond.  The main tree in the lobby was decorated with various sizes of ornaments in the colors of fuchsia, bronze, and gold.  I never would have thought to put those three colors together, but the colors worked great together.  





Here are other samples of the Christmas trees throughout the hotel lobby.









There were several commercial buildings in downtown that also displayed beautiful Christmas decorations.  One of the bell hops brought this beautiful wreath to my attention.  The wreath was displayed high up on the outside of this building located on Akard Street.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment