Saturday, December 14, 2013

On the Hunt For a New Color

I spent some time at Sherwin Williams today looking at paint colors for my master bath.  I think I have talked myself out of painting my bathroom red.  My study is red (SW Red Barn) and I want that room to be different than the other rooms in my house.

I keep going back to my friend's master bath in Louisiana.  I love her bathroom.  Yes, it is a pastel color, but I love the look of it.  I always tell people they should go with their emotions when picking out art work and paint colors.  If you have a strong reaction to what you see, go with that reaction.  You'll know it when you see it.

On my latest trip to Sherwin Williams, I narrowed down my search to three shades of light blue--SW Aqua Sphere, SW Rain, and SW Interesting Aqua:



I chose these colors because they had a smokiness to them.  Since my trim color has tan in it, I didn't want a blue that had a touch of red or purple in it.  I needed a blue that had a touch of brown in it so that it would look good next to my trim color.  There are a lot of things to consider when picking out a paint color.  You want to have a connection with that color, but you also want to make sure that it blends well with your trim color.  My master bath also has crown molding, so it is important that my color choice works well with the trim color.

I am leaning towards SW Rain.  It is the color shown in the middle.  It is also on the same color chart with SW Interesting Aqua.  

Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment