Sunday, December 29, 2013

Master Bath Redo Part II

If you recall, back in November I painted and re-decorated my master bath.  There was nothing wrong with how my master bath looked, but I was ready for a change.  This is what my master bath looked like prior to November 11, 2013: 




 And change is what I did:



Initially, I liked the color, but the longer I lived with it, I felt like the room was SCREAMING!! at me every time I entered.  I still like the color (SW Maxi Teal), but I didn't like it for my master bath--maybe in a powder bath.  The room did not reflect me.  

I can't live with a room that doesn't make me happy, so it was time to change the color.  I decided on SW Rain.  Here's the reveal:




This color is very tranquil and calming.  It's a smokey, dirty blue.  To be honest, I am a little surprised that I picked SW Rain since I am partial to dark hues, but I am glad I did.   My bathroom is no longer screaming at me.  The color gives my bathroom a spa feel.

I always say that changing the color of a room is the least expensive way to re-decorate but it can make the most dramatic change.  A gallon of paint cost around $30.  I always pick Sherwin Williams colors, but I take the paint swatch to Home Depot and have the paint mixed using Behr Premium Plus Paint and Primer.  In my opinion, Behr paints cover very well.  The teal was covered over with one coat, but I always paint a second coat to make the color more saturated.

Let me know how you like the new look!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle, I hope you had an awesome Christmas. I liked the old color, but I like the rain color even better. I agree, it is calmer and the new color looks more elegant. I also totally agree about creating rooms that make you smile when you walk in. That's my ultimate goal, too. Oh yeah and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am getting ready to paint my powder bath SW Rain, and I, too, have white woodwork. I love the art piece above the silver towel bar in the picture where the window is showing. It is very unique and would tie in my other house colors nicely. Do you mind sharing where you got that and maybe what it is called? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the picture from a store called Gordman's. Little Rock has one. Gordman's is not located nationwide. I have a nephew who is going to school in Dallas and Gordman's doesn't have a store there. If your city has a Home Goods or At Home (formerly Garden Ridge), you may be able to find something similar. I have no idea what the name of the piece is called. I picked it because I liked the colors in the painting. It reminds me of stained glass.

    ReplyDelete