Thursday, May 29, 2014

Maya Angelou - One of the Greatest!

I woke up to very sad news yesterday when I found out that Maya Angelou no longer walked among us.  I got the chance to see Maya Angelou in 1995 when she "did her thang" at Wildwood Performing Arts Center in Little Rock.  Her physical presence was something to behold.  I noticed last night while I was sitting in my living room that I have a stack of four books on one of my end tables--all were written by Maya Angelou.  I have read them all.   I use books in my home decor.  I think they add interest to an end table or coffee table.  I wanted to share this photo of my Maya Angelou books with you!





1 comment:

  1. I can imagine how wonderful it must have been to have seen Maya Angelou in person. I was also sad to hear about her passing. I only have one of her books and I've had it for many years now. It's, 'And Still I Rise' and now I want to read her beautiful poetry all over again.

    ReplyDelete