Thursday, May 15, 2014

Seeing Red!!

I came real close to painting my kitchen cabinets red.  I think you have to be really bold (and courageous) to pick this color.  Red can be an intimidating color to work with.  I prefer reds with a touch of brown in the color to tone it down.  I don't like a red that screams at you.  I envisioned my cabinets painted red with a glaze applied on top.  In my dream home, I would have a kitchen island painted with this look with the rest of the cabinets either in stained maple or perhaps painted SW Latte like my current cabinets.  If you're considering changing the look of your kitchen, consider red or any color other than white.  Imagine your kitchen in red:








1 comment:

  1. Ooohhh... this reminds me of the home I grew up in. My mother's kitchen cabinets were painted red and I mean... bright red. They are still red to this very day because my father never changed them, even after my mother passed. God rest her soul. Come to think of it, that's probably why I love bright colors so much... lol.

    ReplyDelete