Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Story

Hello and welcome to my decorating blog!  My name is Michelle Mitchell.  I was born and raised in Little Rock, AR and lived out of state for 7 years.  I grew up in a single-parent household after my parents divorced when I was 8 or 9 years old.  I credit my mother for giving me my sense of style.  Thanks Mama!

When I was in my early teens, I remember going to the home of a class mate and I noticed right away how nice the home was decorated.  I don't recall ever being in a home that looked so lovely.  I didn't know then that I wanted to be a decorator, but I did know that I wanted to live in a home like the one I saw. 

When I was in high school and college, I would decorate my bedroom.  I remember when I got my first matching comforter and curtains--I was so excited!!  I had my very first apartment at the age of 25.  My decorating taste and style has changed over the past 25 years.  As I have aged, my design taste has evolved and gotten more expensive.  Ha-ha!! 

Each time I enter a new space, I immediately notice the decor.  I notice the furniture, accessories, lighting, artwork, rugs.  If I step into a space that is not very nice, I am thinking of ways that I can improve that space.  With this blog, I hope to share with you my decorating knowledge.  Hopefully the content of this blog will evolve over time.  Follow me on this adventure.