Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Powder Room

My house was not supposed to have a powder room.  It was intended to be a 4 bedroom 2 bath home.  Fortunately I met with my builder before she broke ground on the house and I asked her if a powder bath could be added to the plan.  Thankfully, it could.  My mother lives with me and I didn't want my guests to use her bathroom.  I'm funny about that.  I don't like people using my private spaces.

I knew that I didn't want taupe walls in my powder bath.  I wanted this space to make people want to spend time in this room.  It is very small.  In fact, this space was originally the closet for my study.  In 2005, faux painting was really popular and I had learned to sponge paint and rag paint.  I rag painted my master bath in my previous home and I also did a friend's powder bath and it looks fantastic.  If you are fortunate enough to have a powder bath, you should seriously consider going all out on the decorating and accessories.  So, this is what the space currently looks like now.  I want to redecorate the space.  I have in mind an eggplant color with a tone-on-tone harlequin pattern.  I can envision the space painted in this color.  It would be very dramatic.  I am showing the space in a video.  It is too small to photograph so I thought a video would work better.



Stay tuned for the transformation of this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment