Thursday, September 19, 2013

An Interior Designer in the Making

My great nephew, Ka'Run, is attending the Art Institute in Dallas, TX.  He is studying to become an Interior Designer.  I started taking my nephew to designer homes when he was in junior high school and we continued this until he graduated in May 2013.  As a young boy, Ka'Run would always decorate his bedroom for different holidays, so I thought he would enjoy looking at beautiful homes as much as I do.




Ka'Run has started a new job in Dallas working at a year round Christmas store called "Noel Christmas".  He walked in one day just to look around and the store manager asked if she could help him.  Ka'Run told the manager that he just wanted to look around because Christmas is his favorite holiday.  She asked him if he decorated trees and his response was, "Yes!"  I am so proud of him.  He has decorated a mantle in the store with a fall-themed garland.  I can't wait to see more of his creations for the fall and Christmas.  Here are pictures of my last three Christmas trees he decorated:



My nephew moved into his very first apartment in Dallas.  His apartment does not look like the typical apartment of a young person.  His Aunt Michelle had some influence on furniture selection and artwork, but ultimately Ka'Run had to approve.




No comments:

Post a Comment