Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Coming Soon!!!

I can't believe it's been almost a year since I've posted.  I've been so busy with my real job that I haven't had the inspiration to blog.  I always have a lot of ideas floating around in my head, but I just can't seem to get them out of my head.

So, I've been thinking about redecorating my master bathroom.  Believe it or not, I have painted my bathroom twice since I've been in this house for almost 8 years (October 21, 2013).  The original color started out as SW Latte--in the taupe family.  You all know how I feel about taupe.  Don't get me wrong, taupe is a great neutral, but for me everything looks so bland with this color.  A few years ago, I saw a stripe painting technique on the HGTV's Rate My Space.  I painted horizontal stripes using three colors from my color chart.  There was a white space in between each color.  All three colors were in the taupe family--from lighter to darker.  I lived with this for about a year.  Then I decided to paint over the stripes with a darker color on the color chart--SW 6110 Steady Brown.





Steady Brown is a rich, dark brown.  I like darker colors because artwork looks best against a darker color.

A friend of mine built a new home about three years ago.  Her master bathroom is painted baby blue with stark white painted trim work.  I love this look--it's very beachy.  Her bathroom inspired me to step outside the taupe family of colors.

I have a few colors in mind for my bathroom and none of the colors are in the taupe family.  Here's a sneak preview of what I'm looking at:




I've already purchased the artwork that is going to hang on my bathroom walls:







Stay tuned and be sure to check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment